Search This Blog

Friday 10 February 2017

My visit to President Buhari's Elder sister in Daura

  
Journalism is about information gathering and factual presentation of facts and figures with a view to disseminating same information to either reading,viewing or listening audience.
My recent transfer from Kebbi state to Katsina and even there to the historic town of Daura,has afforded me the opportunity to pay a visit to the one and only 84 year old surviving elder sister of president Muhammadu Buhari,Hajiya Rakiya Adamu, alias Amadodo.
The visit was sequel to
the directive I received from my head office in Abuja ,that I should conduct an investigate research on the present political quagmire surrounding the health and life of Mr president who is now in the united kingdom on a normal routine medical checkup,but enemies of progress ventured into spreading baseless and unfounded rumour regarding the health of Mr president.
Prior to my arrival at her residence I expected to come across a magnificent edifice common to most of Nigeria's past leaders,but to my greatest surprise I found Hajiya Rakiya living in a simple and low profile structure quite uncommon to even our local government chairmen and their Girl friends.
When Alhaji Salisu Haro, the information officer of Daura local government and a close relation to the family who led me to the Hajiya's residence introduced me to Hajiya and briefed her about my mission ,Hajiya started laughing with a calculated smile on her face,she welcomed me. and ordered plates of food and roasted chicken all for me which I gleefully ate as deep inside my heart I know that may be my mission would be accomplished.
After some most mutes Hajiya placed a telephone call to her younger brother I mean president Muhammadu Buhari ,and after the exchange of usual greetings,I heard him telling her that he is still resting and holding several meetings,and it was then I became convinced beyond reasonable doubt that Mr president is doing well and the rumours being peddled by enemies of Nigeria was a fallacy fabricated by corrupt and retrogressive cabals.
Hajiya called my attention in her usual simple characteristics by detailing me about their family especially Muhammadu Buhari who is their last born out of the 24 children blessed their late father Malam Adamu,who departed this world since when he Buhari was at tender age.
She said death is the inevitable end of everything and Muhammadu Buhari is a mortal being who can fall sick and can equally answer the call of his creator at the appointed time as nobody is above the power of his creator.
The only semblance of power in her residence was presence of few security agents who are deployed there for normal security services.Haba look at her relationship with Mr president but look at the simple life she is living and if Mr president has a mother she must be one as his only surviving elder sister.
While discussing with Hajiya,her last born out of the ten children she had by name Amadu but fondly called Danauta as she lost one out of the initial ten children was listening with keen interest.
Amadu is a graduate of secretariat studies from Ahmadu Bello University,Zari
a who is currently in the labour market ,confided in me that President Buhari do cautioned them on worldly possession and corruption.
.When I asked him as to why is he still searching for a job in spite of the fact that he is closely related to Mr president he did not hesitate tto tell me that Buhari told them during a family meeting that he was ready to give them education to any level and facilitate their medical care but for other things like job everyone should strive to fend for himself.
Ahmadu was proud of his upbringing and the no nonsense posture of their breadwinner Muhammadu Bhari.
Therefore, this should serve as a lesson to us and we should desist from spreading rumour and campaign of calumny and blackmail orchestrated by tribal,religiou
s and nepotism or political party difference and inclination.
Birnin Kudu is of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)


Collected from: Facebook.com/longyenmark



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

The Press Lodge Archive