Search This Blog

Friday 31 March 2017

Comming to Lokoja By Bintu Lakwaja

My flight from Abuja to Lokoja was short, I had hoped to rest my head and take a quick nap but as soon as the pilot had announced on the PA system that : "my name is captain Bintu Lakwaja, I am your pilot for today, the sky is clear, please fasten your seat belts and enjoy the flight", the same voice was telling us to prepare for landing at the local wing of the Rivnig confluence international airport Lokoja, it was a twelve
minutes flight.
I checked the time on my T5 imperial wrist watch that my wife had given to me on my 30th birthday and it was 11:55pm. Bright lights made the 4lanes express road from the airport to Ganaja Junction a beautiful sight to behold.
A policeman in a neatly ironed uniform had stopped us for a quick routine search, smiled at us and waved us to be on our way. "You are welcome to Lokoja, the confluence state, enjoy your stay"...he said with a warm smile.
I could hear the gushing sound of water from the nearby gigantic drainage across the road. A public tap had been left open, water gushed out of it like a fury with a fuel. I smiled, typical of my people.
As I opened the door to my home, a familiar scent and smile greeted me and a warm embrace from the one who means the world to me overwhelmed me. I whispered to her: " you didn't have to wait up for me sweetheart", just when I wanted to plant a kiss on her forehead, a loud bang woke me up. It was all a dream.

Contact: Facebook.com/ibn.lakwaja 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

The Press Lodge Archive